Graduate Financial Assistance, Fellowships, and Awards

EME Application for Financial Assistance >>

Financial assistance is available through fellowships, research assistantships, and teaching assistantships. The level of stipend is based on the applicant's experience, academic record, and potential for graduate work. These assistantships require the student to accept various duties within the department. The student's commitment to the department is usually associated with carrying out research related to his/her thesis or report project.

EME Graduate Awards >>

The John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering offers three graduate awards, which are awarded directly by the department. All graduate students enrolled in EME are contacted directly in the spring and invited to apply during the open application period each year.

EME Outstanding Graduate TA Award >>

Graduate students who work as teaching assistants within the EME department are eligible to be nominated for the department's Outstanding Graduate TA Award in the spring.

College of Earth and Mineral Sciences Graduate Awards >>

The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences has several graduate fellowship and award opportunities available for students enrolled in the College.

The Graduate School >>

The Graduate School at Penn State also has several fellowships, grants, and awards that are available. They also have links to several other resources.